Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Beginning

It's time to.... prepare for SENIOR YEAR!!
(and everything after)
"Wait, I don't know what I'm gonna do?!?! I don't know... Otto!" -Name the band that says that and you win 5 brownie points!
 
 
I feel like my life is moving in slow motion, yet it is in super sonic speed. It is currently the summer before my SENIOR year in college! How crazy is that? I don't feel (or act) old enough to be a senior...
 
My biggest fear at the current moment is what people have already been asking me: What are you going to do after you graduate? That's when I feel like screaming from the roof tops a line from one of my many favorite movies:
 
Image taken from Google Images.
 
I laugh every time I see this picture! I's so accurate.
 
I wish I did have a plan. I wish I knew everything in store. I wish I knew which direction I even wanted to go in! That would be simple, wouldn't it?

I wish. I wish. I wish.

This is where I know it is different. My God knows ALL whether I do or not. He created me with a purpose, for a purpose. I'm not the only one either. YOU have a purpose. YOU have a destiny. YOU are right where you need to be. It may be scary and an unknown place. That's okay...... as long as we keep going!
What I DO know and believe in my heart is seeking God above ALL else means the rest of life will fall into place little by little. Which is easier said than done. Seeking God above the perfect job. Seeking God above the perfect mate. Seeking God above the perfect grade. Seeking God above the perfect grad school. Seeking God above ALL else means ALL else.

My job right now is to enjoy life as it comes while pursuing my first love Jesus with all of my heart. I am to prepare for what I know, and lean on God for everything, and in every moment. This is where I think of the "clichéd" verse (It's clichéd because it's true)...
 Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight."

So, if you ask me what I'm going to do after I graduate, and through my senior year. I will respond with Proverbs 3:5-6 AND Psalm 46:10a where it says, "Be still, and know that I am God."

That's my plan, Stan. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment